Sunday, April 12, 2009

Old West Weird Jeep Tours


We took a weird Jeep tour into the Canyon through the Hualapai Indian Reservation. They drove us down a big road through the desert and to the Colorado River, where there were ham sandwiches and port-a-potties. We rode with a Mexican family from Mexicali, who I think spoke more English than they let on. But I tried out my poor Spanish anyway. Una manzana por el burro está debaja de su silla.


Es un arból de matar... the Hangin' Tree. Apparently this is where the Hole in the Wall Gang hung out. The driver was a little shocked that I hadn't seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but what can I say? I was born in the '80s. I can only picture Robert Redford as a creepy wrinkly old guy.


And here's the Hole in the Wall itself. I didn't know how to say that in Spanish. What can I say? I was born in the U.S.

No comments: